Imagine your on an airplane that is in distress. The oxygen masks come down, everyone is panicking. The first thing you do is put on your mask, then your children’s. I have been living my life doing exactly the opposite.
So many moms put their children, husbands, community and work first. I did this for years and for me, it was a heart attack that was my wake up call. Learning about managing stress, and beginning to realize that I need to put myself first has been hard.
I love to share the lessons I am learning, so hopefully other moms don’t wait until a medical condition, before they are able to take care of themselves!! I learned about positive parenting, and tried to be the best mom I could but was always tired and stressed. Every day I learn a little more, and work towards being the best person I can be.
Here are a few great resources I have been using to work on this myself,
- Think and Grow Rich for Women
- Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast
- Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Relaunch Podcast
- Think and Grow Rich
- Working Motherhood Podcast
- Think and Grow Rich for Women, by Sharon Lechter, is the book I am reading now. It shares amazing stories of women that have become very successful, and give to the community. She was interviewed on Biz Women Rock, I bought the book after hearing her life story and how she has helped so many women.
- John from Entrepreneur on Fire has interviewed some amazing women. My fav. to this day is Kimberly Coleman.
- Smart Passive Income shares so many ways to get out of the rut of just making ends meet. If you want to get into business I highly recommend this podcast.
- Joel and Pei interview some amazing guests about your second half of life. My fav. interview to this day is with, Sarah Dew, overwhelmed nurse that quit her job to be a stay at home mom, and earns six figures by founding, Happy Entrepreneur.
- Think and grow is a classic that has helped many, many successful people.
- The working motherhood podcast interviews working moms. Portia has created an amazing support group. If you would like to hear my interview on her show, click here.
If you find any of these resources helpful please share this post and let me know which ones you like best. I love hearing other women’s’ stories and the journey they are on!